The staff and governors of Castledon are committed to ensuring that provision is made for all pupils to make maximum progress.
The Pupil Premium is designed to ensure that the funding to tackle disadvantaged pupils reaches those who need it the most. The funding is allocated to Local Authorities and schools with pupils from reception to Year 11 who are eligible for Free School Meals, are looked after, or have parents currently in the Armed Forces.
We also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for Free School Meals. The Senior Leadership Team will allocate this funding to support pupils with premium pupil funding alongside other pupils within their cohort.
All our work through the Pupil Premium will be aimed at accelerating progress in learning and personal skills, confidence, interaction, independence, and emotional development.
The range of provision could include:
- Participation in trips and visits to improve engagement and vital experiences to develop their literacy, social and mathematical skills
- Providing individual or small group work
- Expanding the breadth of resources available to enhance learning and help all pupils ‘learn to live’.
Pupil attainment and progress is monitored regularly by teachers and the Senior Leadership Team; this will identify specific individual needs.
Once identified and when additional support has been provided, the overall effectiveness and impact will be evaluated. This will include:
- Attainment and progress data
- Feedback from pupil, staff and parents/carer
- Evidence of learning – observation and work scrutiny