We are proud to be able to provide a personalised approach to learning, supporting each pupil, by providing an extensive range of pathways which are complemented by a therapeutic approach to the college day. In partnership with mainstream providers, we aim to prepare each of our young people for adulthood whether it is to progress to further education, employment, supported or independent living.
“At Castledon School pupils develop strong personal, social and emotional skills that help them to become confident and enthusiastic learners.” OFSTED 2018
We are looking for someone to provide short and long-term absence cover and to have some timetable responsibilities as required. You need to enjoy working with young people with learning difficulties, and have a passion to deliver exceptionally strong, creative lessons, which relate learning to real life and allow young people to develop skills needed for adulthood.
We are predominantly looking for a candidate who wants to work within the college phase (years 10-14) however, there may be occasions where cover is needed in the school phase of the academy.
You will have;
· A good standard of education
· Experience of working within an educational environment
· Some understanding of SEN e.g. autism, SLCN and ADHD
· Flair and creativity (ability to think outside the box)
· Ability to relate learning to real life
· Ability to create a number of lessons within a lesson (differentiation is key!)
· Willing to attend opportunities for career development as well as suitable training in ASC, behaviour and curriculum programmes
Pay Range: UQT salary £18339 - £28343 + SEN 1 £2149
Position Start Date: 23/04/2019
Contract Type: Full-time
Contract Term: Permanent
Application Close: 24/02/2019 Midnight
Date of Interviews: 6th March 2019