Free School Meals
Applying for Free School Meals (FSM)
We are aware that some families may be in a position to apply for FSM. Please follow this link to check your eligibility and apply for your child to receive Free School Meals support: https://www.essex.gov.uk/schools-and-learning/schools/free-school-meals#
Is your child eligible for Free School Meals?
To find out if your child is entitled please follow the Essex County Council link below.
Your child may be eligible for free school meals if you are receiving any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (not Working Tax Credit), with an annual income below £16,190
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance, income related
- Support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act, 1999
- Working Tax Credit run-on, paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit, with a household income of £7,400 or less (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Once free school meal entitlement has been established, you will be able to order your child's lunch via Teachers2parents in the usual way however there will be no charge.
Even if you child does not actually take the free lunch, we will receive a “Pupil Premium” which can be spent on a range of services – please see our Pupil Premium Strategy.