Read Write Inc
Read Write Inc (RWI) is a phonics literacy programme which helps all children learn to read fluently and at speed so they can focus on developing their skills in reading, spelling, vocabulary and comprehension. The programme is designed for children aged 4-7. However, at Castledon we use a stage not age approach so the Read Write Inc program is used with pupils ranging from 5 years up to 14 years.
Parent info video
- Learn 44 sounds and the corresponding letters/letter groups using simple picture prompts – see below
- Learn to read words using Fred talk and sound blending - see explained below
- Read from a range of storybooks and non-fictions books matched to their phonic knowledge
- Develop comprehension skills in stories by answering 'Find It' and 'Prove It' discussion questions
- Learn to write and form the letters/letter groups which represent the 44 sounds with the help of fun phrases - see below
- Learn to write words by using Fred Talk - see below
- Learn to build sentences by practising sentences out loud before they write
What is Fred Talk and sound blending?
Click here for the Parents guide to Read Write Inc
Mrs Edwards - RWI lead teacher
If you have questions about RWI or would like more information, contact the school who can direct your question to Mrs Edwards via firstname.lastname@example.org.