Autism Hub and Outreach
Autism Outreach and Support
To be a Centre of Excellence for SEN by:
Comprehensive expertise amongst colleagues, creating SEN support and a training centre that impacts the immediate and wider community.
Castledon School have been commissioned since 2016 by the Local Authority to become an autism Hub school of support and outreach to educational settings.
Our expertise and support may be in the form of:
- Advice and support for school leadership teams
- Training and support for parents and carers through our monthly coffee mornings
- Observing individual students and recommending strategies
- Supporting with developing a strategic approach to making educational environments “autism friendly”.
- Facilitating visits to Castledon school to observe practice and interventions
"The school’s family and inclusion team works determinedly with the community organisations and employers to ensure that professionals and parents gain a better understanding of the needs of the students with SEND”
Ofsted Dec 2018