Student Leadership Team
The aim of Castledon College Student Leadership Team is to develop the impact of the student voice at the College and to assist the social and personal development of the young learners who may ordinarily struggle in situations requiring leadership and control. Currently Year 12 make up the body of the Student Leadership Team, and they are keen to bring their views and suggestions to the Senior Leadership Team of Castledon School and College.
During the year, they have agreed to support the following:
- Official College Opening – speeches and officiating – in the presence of The Rt Hon Mark Francois MP and members of the media and local businesses
- Publication of student and staff birthdays on the College digital signage
- Elections for the Chairperson of the Student Leadership Team– hustings and voting November 2017
- Parent presentations with the Head of College via Student Leader media presentations
- Anti-bullying week ie. raising awareness of “Wear Blue for anti-bullying” on Friday 10th November
- Day trips / team-building events ie. visit to Houses of Parliament
- Nominations and voting for Jack Petchey awards
- Castledon College and School charity ‘Cherish Uganda’
- Fundraising events for ‘Cherish Uganda’
- Upkeep of the already-modern and brand new College building and surroundings
We expect our Student Leadership Team members to act as role-models around the College. They will meet deadlines, demonstrate exemplary behaviour, be willing to help, be active participants in lessons and extra-curricular time, be friendly and have a sense of humour.
You may keep updated on our progress by viewing the College website and Facebook page